May 07, 2013

(5) Small Talk



He said: It is very difficult to forget...

We were sitting in a bar drinking our cold beers with french fries...

He was one of my young cousins and he had just been dumped by his love...

I said: It is very difficult to remember...

I was visiting my home town after many years... It was a strange feeling for me... I was trying to remember my childhood and early youth... I was having difficulty in seeing myself living here in those years... As if he was not me but somebody else... Somebody you saw as a silhouette in your dreams... Some sort of ghost lurking from your past... Who was me at those years? Was I still the same pimpled ugly bookworm summoned from another world? If not, who was I now?

He looked at me with a question mark on his face... I didn't make any further explanation...

We silently continued drinking our beers...

 

No comments: